Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

Today is Easter Sunday. It is the one day out of the year when almost the entire world celebrates and recognizes the infinite sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ. For those of you reading this whom may not know me, I am a proud member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. I believe that this gospel fully internalizes the love of Christ and so much more. I married my sweetheart in the LDS (Latter Day Saint) Temple because of the firm belief of eternal families that I have and have been taught through the Gospel. I believe the purpose of this life is to love and celebrate and learn from mistakes and hardships so that we can become more like Christ and our Heavenly Father. There is no doubt in my mind that I have been blessed with the life that I have because of the decisions and blessings of those that have come before me and I am ever grateful for them.

The greatest truth that comes from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is that of the atonement of Christ. I believe that Christ took every hard ship, sadness, frustration and devastation upon himself so that we would never have to be alone. I am forever indebted to Him because of that. I have felt that power in my life. I also am forever grateful that after Christ hung and died in Gethsemane, He was resurrected so that He could live in glory with God again. I also know that I too will have this privilege because of Christ's resurrection. Jesus overcame death. He overcame life and He overcame death so that I can live in the knowledge that I have and will have joy. I don't care who you are because there is nothing better than this. There is no love greater than the love that Christ and our Father in Heaven have for us.

This video is a talk by Elder Holland of the twelve apostles. I don't think I've ever heard it put more eloquently and I hope that you can feel the truth of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment