Along with my intents to educate religiously, I also want to talk about all the awesome food I've been making!!! Sister Syd ( the oldest sister) always asks about recipes and such (and I her) and we like to trade secrets. The only problem is that we don't have much time to chat and swap recipes. This way we can do so over cyber space! hurray.
Here's whats on the plate for lunch!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chilled and peeled
- 1-2 avocados cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 radishes, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- Hard boil 6 eggs. Once cooled, peel them and separate the yolks from the whites. Dice the whites into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, avocado and non-fat mayonnaise. Note: If you use 2 avocados, I suggest using only 1 tablespoon of mayo, and if you use 1 avocado, go with 2 tablespoons of mayo) and mash everything together with a fork or potato masher until combined and smooth (I like to leave mine slightly chunky).
- Mix in the lemon juice, zest, parsley, radishes, green onion and salt and pepper to the mixture. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Gently fold in the diced egg whites and combine.
- Chill until ready to use. Serve on sandwich bread or on lettuce leaves with your favorite veggies, if you’d like.